Contract and balancing groups
- Berthold, Toni
- Haeusler, Julian
- Neuffer, Leonie
- Nossek, Sven
- Kuhn, Carolin
Balancing groups are virtual energy accounts that allow market players to balance all feed-ins and withdrawals allocated to them and keep them aligned with schedules. The respective balancing group manager (BKV) is responsible for the balanced quarter-hourly current account of his or her balancing group. Balancing groups receive a unique Energy Identification Code (EIC). The EIC for (sub-)balancing groups is assigned by the BDEW or at the responsible LIO (Local Issu-ing Office) of the ENTSO-E. The standardised balancing group contract must be concluded before balancing groups can be established in TransnetBW's control area.
Registration of balancing groups
In the course of standardising these contracts, the German Federal Network Agency (BNetzA) has imposed the application of a uniform standardised balancing group contract on transmission grid operators with resolution BK6-06-013. This has been applicable to all new transactions in the control area of TransnetBW since 1 July 2011.
As of 1 June 2018, 12:00 a.m. every BKV receives a Y-EIC from the second balancing group to be established. This Y-EIC can only be used for national balancing group or scheduling transactions. This amendment affects Annexes 1 and 3 to the standardised balancing group contract.
Please see the following link for further information:
In addition to the completed and signed contract, the following documents are required to conclude a standardised balancing group contract in the control area of TransnetBW:
- Current trade register excerpt of the company
- Copy of the electricity tax certificate provided that there is end-customer supply or self-supply
- Proof of identity of the authorised signatory
- Prediction of energy quantity and power requirements (please use the editable form for this)
- If applicable, statement on the stock exchange regulations of the balancing group contract
- Powers of attorney provided that conclusion of the balancing group contract and/or the schedule management of the balancing group is carried out by a service provider
- Current annual accounts and, if applicable, other documents depending on the requirements of TransnetBW
- Up-to-date certificate (with the file extension .cer) for the 1:1-EDIFACT address indicated in Annex 2 to the balancing group contract
In addition to the documents listed, the standard Balance Group Contract must be submitted in duplicate on paper to TransnetBW.
An overview of valid balancing groups in the control area of TransnetBW is available in the document "Balancing group overview" in the download area.
In addition to the listed documents, two hard copies of the standardised balancing group contract must be submitted to TransnetBW.
Balancing Accounts in the TransnetBW control area
Existing balancing accounts (11YW1 etc.) in the control area of TransnetBW must managed like sub-balancing groups, however to the exclusion of involvement in schedule management. The respective BKV is responsible for the precise allocation of his or her balancing accounts. The remaining provisions of the standardised balancing group contract apply equally to balancing accounts.