Price sheets

As a transmission system operator, TransnetBW GmbH in Baden-Württemberg is responsible for the provision and needs-based development of the transport network as well as the integration of renewables and existing power stations. The network usage fees are fees that power grid operators collect from users of their electricity supply networks on the liberalised energy market.

TransnetBW calculates the network usage prices for access to its transmission system annually on the basis of legal requirements. The 2019 price sheet is now available for download.

introduction of standardised national transmission system fees

In 2019, the network fees of the four German transmission system operators 50Hertz, Amprion, TenneT and TransnetBW will incorporate a standardised national network fee share for the first time. It will be calculated from 20 percent of the relevant cost basis (revenue ceiling) of the transmission system operator, while the company-specific network fee of the transmission system operator is determined from the remaining 80 percent.

It is based on the Network Fee Modernisation Act (NEMoG), which entered into force in July 2017, and the Regulation on Gradual Introduction of Standardised National Transmission System Fees of 25 April 2018. NEMoG stipulates gradual standardisation of the transmission system fees starting in 2019. This will increase the share of standardised components by 20% annually, while the company-specific share will decrease accordingly. The network fees will be completely standardised as of 2023.

reference price sheet for identifying averted network charges

In accordance with Section 120 Paragraph 4 Clause 1 EnWG, network operators are required to publish their reference price sheet for identifying averted network charges pursuant to Section 18 Paragraph 2 StromNEV for decentralised feed-ins depending on the grid and transformer level on their websites.

The reference price sheet for averted network fees PDF/66KB/DE is now available for download.

Back to Top